Tuesday, November 5, 2013

                                                                    July 15, 2012

A couple of us girls went out Friday night for my birthday. Cortney's sister bought us a couple bottle of Captain's and let us crash at her house so my parents wouldn't find out how trashed we were. OMG, it was crazy. She lives down the street from that creepy house on McKinley Hill. That place is so big I'd need a map to find my way to my room every night. Rumor has it some chick killed herself a long time ago when baby was kidnapped from the nursery in the house. Her husband bailed on her and said she went crazy. She put rocks in her nightgown, walked out into the middle of the lake behind the house and drowned. They say if you go to the lake at night and say "white lady, white lady, I have your baby" she rises out of the water and comes after you. I have never believed in that superstitious stuff. At least I didn't until that night. I still don't understand what we saw that night. There has to be another explanation. Ghosts don't really come out and haunt people do they? 
     We had already had a little too many rum and cokes. We thought it would be funny to walk down to that lake and call the white lady. We were just trying to scare Jen. She thinks her house is haunted. We called the white lady chant like 5 times and nothing happened. We goofed off for a while scaring Jen then we said it again another 5 times. Still nothing. I was about to get out of there when Cortney started the chant again. She was on her third time of saying it and we heard this rippling water sound. It was too dark to see what was out there but we heard the most blood curdling shriek. It made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. There was a cold wind that swished by us. We didn't stick around to see what was coming out of the water. As we reached the edge of the huge house I caught a glimpse of white out of the corner of my eye. We got back to Cortney's sister's house and headed straight to the basement. I don't know what happened out there but I know I'm never doing that again.

                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment